Monday, July 27, 2009

Melting in Washington

Another weekend behind us and I'm already looking forward to the next! Friday night we were over at Tim & Lindsay's eating delicious, veggie-loaded, homemade lasagna while watching The Daily Show. It was a nice relaxing evening before Nick's riding in the Seattle Century on Saturday (I'll let him blog about that!). Saturday Nick and I dragged ourselves out of bed at 5:30 a.m. so we could get to Magnuson Park by 7 a.m. With very few instructions and even less signage we found his check-in area, bought him a souvenir jersey and he left the "starting line" at about 8 a.m. I concurred my fear of bridges and drove across the 520 bridge to park at Marymoor Park so I could meet Nick at about the 21 mile mark. Once there I realized I needed to pay to park, so I drove to an ATM, then bought a coffee, drove back to the park, paid my parking fee and had just picked a spot to sit down and wait for Nick when he rounded the corner - 45 minutes ahead of schedule! He rested a bit and then took off, while I yet again concurred my fear, drove back across the bridge and parked at Magnuson Park. This time I waited for several hours; finished my book and had Tim & Lindsay join me to cheer Nick across the "finish line". He rolled in at about 1 p.m., ate some food and then we headed home to roast in our house a bit. While Nick rested, Tim & Lindsay and I watched Taking Chance - a fantastic movie based on a true story (check it out at http://www.hbo.com/films/takingchance/). As soon as the movie finished we headed out to watch Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. It's the first Harry Pottery movie that's made me realize I might need to read the books so I can really understand what's going on! Sunday, Nick and I bought the materials needed to plant our two new trees in the backyard and then headed for Tim & Lindsay's to hang out by the pool for the afternoon so we could try to keep a little bit cool. It was wonderful to soak in the pool, read and eat another lovely dinner! So ends another weekend filled with activities. We are so excited to be leaving bright and early on Thursday morning for my family's annual vacation to St. Maries, ID, on the St. Joe River. I'm looking forward to spending 4 days soaking in the lake and beating the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment