Monday, March 1, 2010

Hair Today... Gone Tomorrow

18 inches for my sister... 14 inches for a friend of mine... 11 inches for me (22 if you put the braids end-to-end!)...

It took about a year and a half and at some point when Nick and I didn't have the money for me to get regular haircuts I decided it would be really fun to grow my hair out for the purpose of donating it. As time went on I decided that I really loved having my hair long and I became really attached to it. At the end of last year I made the commitment to stick with my original goal and go through with cutting my hair and donating it to Locks of Love.
With Lindsay's support and making the day a fun adventure, I spent 4 hours in Jodi's chair today at the Celsius Salon - being cut, colored and styled.

Lindsay and I treated ourselves to lunch at Kafe Neo when it was all said and done. While I'm a little traumatized by the drastic length change, I know it was for a great cause and my hair will grow back!

1 comment: