I'm very much reminded of my mama this fall. I was standing in my kitchen yesterday putting corn up and was reminded of all that Mama has taught me. She's taught me how to cook (great way to teach math if you're homeschooling & also home ec!), how to pick out the best produce, how to can and freeze produce, how to care for flowers and tend a garden, but more then that she taught me how to be the woman I am today (or at least the one I strive to be!). My mama is such a lady - graceful, kind, compassionate and spiritual. However, she's not afraid to get outside and work in the garden, buck hay, work with horses and be a helpmate alongside my daddy. I strive to live up to her example.
Thanks Mama for all that you have taught me and showed me throughout my life! I love you tremendously!!
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. ~Napolean Hill
Monday, October 5, 2009
The weekend and my mama
We had another uneventful weekend...
Saturday was our regular, weekly trip to the Farmer's Market, where we tried roasted corn on the cob and tamales this week. I think I might have to stray from the crepe booth and hang out at the Tamale lady's booth from now on - so good!! Nick is addicted to the pie lady and bought another of her pies; apple this time. Sunday was spent putting up corn, doing laundry and working in the yard. We are gearing up for fall and I'm slowly getting the yard ready. I don't want to trim my roses or lilies back just yet, because around here we get those crazy temperature surges and the flowers start blooming again. I think I might burlap sack my roses this year and see if it protects them a little bit better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment