Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Colors of Fall

I'm sitting on the couch listening to some awesome music from a great movie I watched last night (Facing the Giants - if you haven't seen it, go rent it & watch it!) and decided I should do some blogging.
I think I am enjoying fall this year more then any other. We are in love with the Redmond Farmer's Market and I shall cry great tears of sadness when it ends on October 31st. In the meantime we are spending each Saturday at the market consuming the sights, sounds, tastes and fun. It never ceases to amaze me the wide array of colors that are displayed at the market; through the people, fruit, veggies, crafts and more. I thought I would take my camera and capture some of the colors of the market to share with you! Obviously, Saturday was spent at the market and after the market we went for a pseudo unplanned hike down to Lake Washington through St. Edward's Park. Then in the evening we had a lovely time with Tim, Lindsay, Ashley & Kihana(Lindsay's sister & niece) eating way too much food and playing games.
Sunday was a big day as I finally, FINALLY followed through and bought a bike!! My new beauty is a 2009 Specialized Dolce women's entry level road bike. I'm completely in love and dying to get it out on the trail, Seattle of course is complying and dumping rain on us. I am therefore relegated to the garage and Nick's trainer. I am so excited to break into this new form of exercise and see what results I can get. I must admit that I am burnt out on walking/jogging and would like to try something new to refresh myself and be able to break up the monotony of walking. Don't get me wrong, I'll be back out on the 1/2 marathon circuit next year, with plans of completing the 2011 Disneyworld Marathon; but for now I will be bonding with my new Dolce! It will be a lot of fun to ride with Nick and with this bike I will be able to keep up (hopefully!).

After being all kitted out for the bike Nick and I enjoyed a lovely fall drive out to Carnation, WA, where Jubilee Farms is located. This is the farm that Tim and Lindsay have their CSA through. There were pumpkins everywhere! We weren't able to squeeze onto the horse drawn wagon, but rode in the tractor drawn wagon out to the pumpkin patch where we had fun watching Kihana experience the pumpkins. Nick and I enjoyed some fresh corn on the cob - divine!; watched the trebuchet launch a pumpkin from afar and took some more colorful fall photos.

Sunday evening was topped off by a wonderful, albeit short, visit from my parents on their way back home from my mom completing the Victoria Marathon. She did it in 5:10 - way to go Mama!!
Another perfect fall weekend for the books...

No comments:

Post a Comment