Have you ever noticed that as you hang around people more often you pick up on the phrases or words they use regularly to add spice to their vocabulary?
We were talking about this at work this last week and realizing that we have started using each other's words and catch phrases! I decided I had to blog about this topic because it really made me laugh at the things we say.
Aubrey - her two special phrases are "The End" and "Sad". The End is used at the end of a sentence or discussion when things are getting a little snippy or we should think about changing the subject. Sad is used after someone says something that is, ironically, sad or when you look into the face of one of our patients and their little lip is starting to pout out and they just look so funny and cute, but so sad.
Ruth - her special words are different since she is British. She'll say things such as, "Isn't that just delightful?", but in a sarcastic way. She usually says it after we're teasing her about her driving. "I can't be bothered", Ruth actually uses this after we tell her she needs a massage or she should clean out her car; she just can't be bothered. "Shut your face", not sure if this is nicer then telling someone to shut-up or not, but there it is.
Mine - "FABuLous!" Said very similarly to the lady that does the Orbit gum commercials. "SHUT-up", used instead of "are you serious?". Careful in using this one, may be offensive to some. "Wow" - said very blandly and slowly. Can be used in place of "I can't believe you just said or did that".
Kim - when it's time for the discussion to end, rather then saying, "talk to the hand" Kim likes to use, "I say to you good-day".
I couldn't think of any phrases in particular that Nick says, however Nick and I both use movie quotes a lot in our vocabulary if at all possible. Just thought this was a fun experiment I would share!
No comments:
Post a Comment