It's been awhile since I blogged so I have a couple weekends worth of fun events to report off on. Fasten your seatbelts - it's going to be a fun ride!
I arrived in Sacramento on Friday, September 18, and immediately thought I was in the wrong airport. Having always flown Southwest Airlines I land in Terminal A and go about my merry way; however, I flew Alaska Airlines and landed at Terminal B and was completely lost - I didn't even know Sacramento had two terminals! Anywho I made my way to Terminal A, ate some snacks and read my book while killing time for Bear to pick me up. We spent Saturday evening visiting a fantastic little market called The Nugget (similar to Whole Foods or Central Market), making delicious taco salad and going for a 4-1/2 mile walk. Going to The Nugget made me realize why I love CA (besides visiting Bear!) - avocados for $0.99 a pound, huge tomatoes and other amazing produce! Saturday we drove up to Reno, NV, with a friend of Bear's to the Reno Air Races/Air Show. It was pretty spectacular and The Blue Angels were there to perform which is always fantastic! There were a lot of amazing airplanes and such, but it was wicked hot there and Reno is a very ugly little place in Nevada; however, I did get to add another shotglass to my collection as I was in the state long enough to "qualify" for being there.
On Sunday Bear and I went to brunch at the most delicious restaurant called Crepeville. I want them to expand to Seattle and I want them to be here by this weekend so I can go again! After stuffing our faces we headed to the mall and did some browsing before going to see a double feature of The Time Traveler's Wife (sorely disappointing compared to the book) and Julie & Julia (adorable, hilarious & poignant).
Monday was my last day in Cali and so we spent several hours at the mall, had our nails done, ate lunch and then headed to the airport. This is the first time I've ever had anyone paint a design on my nails - so much fun and so pretty!
It was a fantastic weekend of relaxation, visiting and enjoying each other's company. Looking forward to the next visit already!



No comments:
Post a Comment