This last weekend in summary...
- Nick spent 3 hard core days at PAX (major nerd convention in Seattle), but he'll have to tell you more about that...
- It rained...
- I spent Friday picking blackberries with Lindsay in the afternoon and then spent the evening with Tim & Lindsay, eating some wonderful Canadian food "hodge podge", watching the movie The Wrestler and chilling at home.
- It rained some more...
- Saturday I spent the morning and afternoon painting my toe/fingernails, reading my book and then enjoying Lindsay's company in the afternoon. We watched some TV, watched a movie and made a delicious dinner of veggie chicken Tikka Masala. My parents rolled into town late Saturday evening and we enjoyed Nick's fabulous kettle popcorn and watched one of my favorite classic movies, Arsenic & Old Lace. Very funny!
- It actually stopped raining for a little bit...
- Sunday my mom and I went grocery shopping; made some blackberry tarts which actually turned out pretty good, made a yummy rice casserole and played some games. I got the blackberry tart recipe off of http://www.foodnetwork.com/ under "blackberry handpies". The pies turned out pretty good, however, what I will do next time is double the dough recipe and roll the dough a bit thicker so that it isn't so fragile or tear so easily. The filling was very good and thick enough that the pies weren't too oozy.
- It started raining again...
- Monday was the big day of the weekend as it was time to participate in the Super Jock-n-Jill half marathon!! This was my third time participating in this event (2nd for the 1/2 marathon and the first time I did the 4 mile fun run) and it's one of my favorite events to participate in. It's local, gets a lot of good support and raises money for an awesome charity called "Charley's Fund". It was great to have my mom, Lindsay & Tim as participants in this event and we had a great time crossing the finish line as a group. Our time wasn't anything spectacular, but we crossed the finish line together and that's all that matters. We were drenched from rain and sweat; I think the only time it wasn't pouring, drizzling or sprinkling on us was for about the last 2-3 miles of the race. After our event we parted ways to clean up and warm up; then met back in Woodinville for lunch at Pallino's Pastaria. After lunch we all headed to our respective homes and Nick and I spent the afternoon sleeping and reading. (Check out our Picasa web album for all the pictures from the event)
- I had the privilege of taking Tuesday off from work and treating myself to a 2 hour massage with one of my favorite massage therapists, April, at Massage Envy.
I hope all of your Labor Day weekends were filled with great fun, activities and rest.
i love arsenic and old lace, such a great movie -- sounds like you had a delightful weekend!
ReplyDelete