I married an amazing man 11 years ago and we'll celebrate our anniversary in August this year. However, 15 years ago he gave me my first flower from a boy - it was a carnation, a pink carnation (which means "I'll never forget you") and I've been smitten ever since. Over the last few weeks he's been doing some amazing things around our house - created a "treasure" hunt of hearts (exactly 32 hearts for my 32nd birthday) that were hidden all over the house. Then a few days before my birthday, I came home to a house strung throughout with yarn (no pictures as a new camera was at the end of the yarn trail) and various darling treats in pretty bags scattered throughout; the kicker though was the words along the trail, 32 in all, that he felt described me. Talk about making a girls heart go pitter-patter!!
Valentine's was a love filled weekend of favorite food memories (chocolate covered strawberries, epic sandwiches, etc.), construction of a compost bin for food compost, working on my Jeep and much more...
I am so blessed to have this man in my life that sometimes I feel like my heart will burst. He is definitely "THE man". As one of my favorite bloggers said, "Now, I have my very own Valentine, and it is Mr. Tomczek (I changed the name to my honey). And all he has to do is smile, wink and slap my behind as I walk by, and I am hopelessly in love." That's real love people!!
No comments:
Post a Comment