Friday, July 29, 2011

Alaska Days and Garden Treats

Alaska is where I was born, it's where my dad broke his back, it's where we all gathered as a family after Talitha died; Alaska is a place I consider home and yet it finally came time to say farewell in a way. My grandparents' health is failing and the decision was made to move them down to Washington to live with/near my parents. I arrived in Alaska on Thursday night with the work starting on Friday. We packed, loaded, sold, garage sale'd, laughed, cried, visited and shared time together. There is grief in the air, along with happiness of having my grandparents closer. Lots of mixed emotions going on right now...

Just wanted to share some of the beauty of one of my favorite places...


I came home to some really amazing garden treats and my wonderful husband. The edge of our patio is finally finished as well!! Still feeling a bit sad these days, but looking forward to our vacation in a week!

1 comment:

  1. your garden looks great! such a blessing to be able to grow such goodness :)

    ReplyDelete