Nick and I decided that we would have Christmas at our house this year and we were delighted that my family joined us! I was determined that this year I would not spend all day on Christmas cooking dinner so Nick and I pre-made our casseroles on Wednesday and the pies Thursday afternoon, therefore making the rest of the time as relaxing as possible. Christmas Eve we had our traditional Garlic Soup dinner which was absolutely divine and Christmas evening a traditional dinner (complete with squash casserole thanks to Sandy's wonderful recipe!!). The weekend was interspersed with fun events such as: the exchanging of gifts and un-stuffing of stockings, board games (completely sucking at Trivial Pursuit), eating way too much including lots of left-overs, Garden D'Lights at Bellevue's Botanical Gardens, walks in the cold sunshine, building Legos and other good fun.
After my family left yesterday Nick and I cleaned the house and then went for a fantastic 16 mile bike ride in the cold sunshine and finished off the day with going to see the most epic movie of all time - AVATAR, in 3D of course!!! So fantastically amazing - if you haven't seen it yet, GO! GO NOW!!!
Hope all of your Christmas celebrations were as wonderful as ours!



No comments:
Post a Comment