Monday, November 2, 2009

The last of October

We've had a pretty festive last two weekends in October, so I thought I would lump it all together in one big post!

We spent the weekend of October 23-25 hanging out with Tim & Lindsay, playing games and watching a movie. On Sunday I did a bunch of cooking (lentil soup, blueberry streusel muffins and tofu stir-fry) and errands. Earlier in the week I had done some mass cleaning getting ready for my Silpada Jewelry Party. Nick was a gem and put in our brand new over-the-range microwave to replace the hideous fan that the original owners had put in. Slowly, but surely we are progressing towards finishing the remodel on our house. On Monday, I held my first hostess party for Silpada Jewelry and we had a grand time! The jewelry was beautiful, the food yummy and the company wonderful. I'm so excited for my order to come in - thank you to everyone who came!

This last weekend was Halloween and while we don't usually do anything particularly spectacular, we do have our silly little traditions of fun. A big bowlful of candy, fun costumes, good friends & family, silly movies, kettle corn and games make for one night of great fun. Nick and I dressed as an electrical socket and plug and Tim and Lindsay dressed as the Corpse Bride and Rorschach. My mom was in town and we had a wonderful visit with her! We stayed up late playing games, eating too much sweet stuff, "performing" with our Wii band, watching a movie (Lindsay & I) and playing computer games (the guys). We didn't have as many kids this year as in the past due to rain and cold, but we still had quite a few. Nick and I ended the weekend with a lovely homemade breakfast (veggie scramble) and a 20 mile bike ride. My longest ride yet!

Two wonderful weekends to end the month of October. Now we're gearing up for the holiday rush and trying to keep our sanity during it. Happy holidays to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment